Thursday, August 12, 2010

Run For the Cure

I did it! I signed up for this year's CIBC Run for the Cure, the major fundraiser for Breast Cancer awareness. It's kinda crazy, I'm not a runner by any stretch of the imagination...I came across the idea when a friend had asked if I'd be interested in joining a running clinic with her. Turns out I wasn't available to do the clinic, but I'd looked up the info for it anyways. The goal race for their training is this run. The wheels started turning, and I decided to give it a try. Gives me a goal to work towards...I don't intend to run, but do some of my best fast walking...gives me a reason to get some "me" time when I go for walks after the kids go to bed in the evening. There are lots of women in my life...a future without Breast cancer for all of us would be fantastic! Who are you running for?

http://www.runforthecure.com/site/TR/RunfortheCure/PrairiesNWT?px=1385967&pg=personal&fr_id=1102

No comments:

Post a Comment